Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd respects and protects the privacy of its members in accordance with Australian regulations. Should you have any queries in regard to these provisions or of the workings of Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd in implementing these provisions, please feel free to get in touch through: http://www.macfixit.com.au/contact-us
HOW WE HANDLE CUSTOMER INFORMATION
1. We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
2. When you place an order, you will be asked for the following personal information: your name; e-mail address; mailing address; delivery address and any special delivery instructions; and telephone number.
3. We may share this information, and only that information which is absolutely necessary, with those third parties that are involved in the processing of your order. For example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that delivers your order.
4. Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd, is committed to reducing the amount of fraud it faces. Our policy is that we will investigate any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if we deem it appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities for them to investigate.
5. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary under the National Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to disclose the information for the purposes of the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences, breaches of a law imposing a penalty or sanction or breaches of a prescribed law.
6. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganisation, merger or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
7. In carrying out our obligations, Macfixit Australia may, at its discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of responses, record part or all of the calls between you and Macfixit Australia.
8. We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
9. When you log on to our site, we will ask you your e-mail address and password.
10. When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our Website, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
11. When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. We may ask for other information to enable us to improve our site or to send you special offers.
12. Our site contains links to other sites. Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
13. By default all web server log files capture IP addresses. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared with anyone else.
HOW WE PROTECT CUSTOMER INFORMATION
For credit card transactions, our site adds security by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. The payment process utilised by our site uses HTTPS and is secured by 128bit SSL encryption. We do not store your credit card details.
We collect your personal information to register your account with Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd and for related administrative purposes. With your express consent, we may also send you information and special offers about our products and services. Subject to some exceptions allowed by law, you may be able to request access to the personal information we hold about you. We will assess your request in accordance with the law and tell you why if access is denied. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Chief Privacy Officer, Macfixit Australia Ptry Ltd, 2 Lothian Street, Melbourne, Vic, 3051.
Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd assists authenticated Police work in pursuit of Computer Crime or Fraud enquiries.