Policies, Returns & Guarantees
GENERAL RETURNS POLICY AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
WE STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCTS WE SELL
Our "30 DAY IRON CLAD GUARANTEE" is backed by our promise that you'll be satisfied with the product or we'll take it back within 30 days. It's that simple. This covers all products on our website except software and where otherwise stated subject to the below Terms and Conditions for Change of Mind returns.
ONLINE STORE RETURNS POLICY AND RETURN INSTRUCTIONS
Change of Mind
We will accept Change of Mind returns for items purchased online by customers within Australia subject to the following conditions:
1. Items may only be accepted when Macfixit Australia is notified within 30 days of the date of shipment.
2. You are responsible for any costs associated with returning your item to us.
3. Items must be returned in otherwise unused condition, with all original tags/labels/packaging attached and undamaged.
4. We will not accept Change of Mind returns for software, run-out or clearance items or any items purchased from the “Sale” and "Clearance" sections of our website.
5. All returns must be received within 14 days once the Return Authorisation Number has been approved by Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd.
6. If you request an exchange, you must pay us any costs associated with us delivering the exchange item to you and, if the exchange item is of a higher value than the return item, you must also pay us the difference in price. Your exchange item will be shipped once you have paid for these costs and we have received the return item back and confirmed that it meets the above conditions.
7. If you request a refund, the purchase price (excluding delivery charges) will be refunded to you (by us crediting your original payment method) once we have received the return item back and confirmed that it meets the above conditions.
8. Damaged or incomplete goods may not be credited. Acceptance of damaged or incomplete returns will be at the discretion of Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd. If accepted, there will be a restocking fee charged on damaged, incomplete or otherwise unsellable goods calculated either as an amount of $15 being a minimum charge or 20% of the invoice value (whichever is the greater).
1. If an item is faulty, wrongly described or different from a sample shown then we will meet our legal obligations in the country in which the products were purchased which may include refunding the purchase price and delivery charges or providing a replacement product, provided the item is returned within a reasonable time with proof of purchase.
2. Unless otherwise specified all items are covered by a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty. Normal wear and tear of items is in accordance with the item purchased, the cost paid and the normal intended use of the item. We do not cover the costs of returning the item to us for the repair or replacement as we do cover the costs of returning the item to you if found to be faulty. For International Orders, the onus of returning the item(s) and any associated costs is on the purchaser.
3. We are also required under the Australian Consumer Law to tell our Australian customers that: “Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure”.
4. Under the Australian Consumer Law, the remedy you are entitled to if a products fails to meet a consumer guarantee will depend on whether the failure to comply with a guarantee is major or minor. Minor failures can normally be fixed or resolved within a reasonable amount of time.
5. For goods, there is a major failure to comply with a consumer guarantee when:
1. You would not have purchased the product if you had known about the problem.
2. The product is significantly different from the description, sample or demonstration model you were shown.
3. The product is substantially unfit for its normal purpose and cannot be easily made fit within a reasonable time.
4. The product is substantially unfit for a purpose that you told the supplier about and cannot easily be made fit within a reasonable time.
5. The product is unsafe.
6. Nothing in this Returns Policy in any way excludes or limits our Australian customers’ rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
7. There is no obligation to repair, replace or refund where the fault has been caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause or using the item(s) outside the permitted or intended uses described by the manufacturer. 8. If the returned item is found to be in full functioning order in accordance with its description and normal intended purposes, a replacement or refund shall not be issued and any shipping charges associated with returning the item to the customer lie with the purchaser. Costs will be equivalent or higher to the original shipping price paid for the item.
Macfixit Australia will provide free returns in the form of an Australia Post Return Label on the following conditions:
1. Available for online Retail Customers within Australia only for any reason (change of mind or faulty product).
2. Available only within 30 days from the date of purchase. The onus is on the customer to return the good(s) at his or her own cost beyond this date.
3. The onus is on the customer to package the good(s) securely and follow the instructions on the label to ensure the items are returned to Macfixit Australia.
4. All returns are still subject to the above and below terms and conditions, including restocking fees if applicable.
HOW TO RETURN AN ITEM
Please note: Returns must be initiated by login into your account under this link.
Return By RMA form
1. Please login to your customer account dashboard from under this link.
2. If you had placed your order as a guest, please follow this link to change your guest account into an actual account that allows you to follow your orders and returns: https://www.macfixit.com.au/index.php/GuestAccount/Front/AccountForm
3. Please navigate to the "Product Returns" link on the left hand side of the page in your "My Account" menu. Please select "Create New Product Return" or select from the list of any previous returns to follow up.
4. Please choose the order from which you would like to initiate the return, fill in the reason as well as any comments that may help us with the diagnosis of the fault.
5. A member of our staff will get back to you to confirm that you are eligible for the return. You will receive a Return Number that you will need to include in the package before shipment.
6. Please include your invoice and your return reference number in the parcel. We urge the use of registered post as a way of tracking the parcel back to us because we will not be held liable for packages lost in transit on its way to us.
7. Place items you wish to return in a safely packed parcel and return to:
1. Attention: Online Returns, Macfixit Australia, 2 Lothian Street, North Melbourne 3051, AUSTRALIA
2. We will reject any item that has been deemed damaged by the customer or item that has been damaged due to insufficient packing by the customer.
8. Once we have received the item and verified the above return conditions are met, we will refund or exchange the full purchase price of the item. Please allow 14 days for refunds to be made.
9. Refunds will only be credited to the Credit/Eftpos card or PayPal account of the purchaser.
EDUCATION, GOVERNMENT AND 30 DAY CUSTOMER ACCOUNT ORDERS
All Government Agencies, Hospitals, Schools, Colleges, Universities and Resellers on a 30 Day Account are subject to the above and below Terms and Conditions as well as the Payment Terms found here: http://www.macfixit.com.au/education-government-orders
All Macfixit Australia customers with a reseller account are also subject to the above and below Terms and Conditions as well as those conveyed at the time the Reseller Account was registered: http://www.macfixit.com.au/resellers
Please note that as a discount is already given, free shipping is not available on any order placed with or under a reseller account.
CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS/ BACKORDER CHARGES
All credit card transactions are automatically charged via our bank at time of order. We regret that charging your credit card at shipping time is currently not possible. PayPal and Direct Deposit are automactic forms of payment.
SHIPPING TERMS AND INFORMATION
The estimated shipment times on your order and our website is based on usual product availability, payment processing time and warehouse processing time and does not include transit time. The stock information on our website is an estimation only.
Free shipping orders are shipped via a Surface Mail Service without a tracking number. Estimated delivery times advised by Australia Post can vary between 1-10 working days depending on the delivery address.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to deliver your products to you within 10 working days of the date of issue of your Order Confirmation, however, we do not guarantee that we will deliver within this time frame.
Anticipated delivery dates are based upon vendor supplied information and are subject to change. Before making an order, we encourage you to check the pricing and availability with us here: http://www.macfixit.com.au/contact-us
We regret that we do not have a facility whereby faulty or incorrectly supplied goods can be picked up by Australia Post or other carriers. If a product is faulty or supplied incorrectly, we request that the customer return the product back to our office. Once the fault is confirmed, we will reimburse the customer for any shipping costs incurred if returned within a reasonable time.
Delivery costs are Non-Refundable
In the event of Change of Mind and Faulty Returns, shipping costs are not refundable outside the first 30 days from the date of shipment.
We currently accepting internaional orders subject to varied shipment costs, any applicable duties and/or taxes. The onus of returning any items and any associated costs is on the purchaser.
All goods collected or received must be checked immediately on receipt. Any damage, faults, shortages or discrepancies must be advised in writing to Macfixit Australia within 24 hours of receipt of goods. Signing a carrierʼs delivery note “unchecked” does not absolve the persons receiving the goods from this condition. Macfixit Australia will not replace or refund any items that have been reported damaged after this period.
Title Passes Risk of Loss
Title to items being purchased (as specified on the order) passes from Macfixit Australia to purchaser at the time of shipping. Customer takes on full liability for safety and validity of delivery address given to us at the time of purchase. Macfixit Australia will not incur any forwarding costs on shipments. Macfixit Australia shall not be responsible for damages or delays resulting from Acts of God, war, riot, seizure, terrorist activities, embargo, or other acts or events nothing within the reasonable control of Macfixit Australia.
For those customers on an Education and/or Government account, title to the goods remains with Macfixit Australia until payment for the invoice has been made. Macfixit Australia reserves the right for the items be returned on failure of payment.
In the event that Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd has shipped and delivered the incorrect item of a higher value than what was ordered to a customer, the customer must pay any difference in price if he/she decides not to return the item. Macfixit Australia will cover any postage costs to return the incorrectly shipped item and have the correct item shipped to the customer in the alternative.
Macfixit Australia reserves the right for the items be returned on failure of payment. Failure to provide due payment for the retained item entitles Macfixt Australia Pty Ltd to contact the appropriate authorities in starting a criminal investigation for theft under the Crimes Act 1984 (Vic).
Incorrect and/or Incomplete Addresses
If an incorrect or incomplete address has been provided and the parcel has been returned to us by the courier, an additional shipping fee will be charged. Once the payment has been received, the items shall be re-shipped to an updated address provided by the purchaser.
Macfixit Australia offers a limited range of installation options for LCDs, Hard Drive and/or Memory Installations. Please contact us here for more information about pricing and availability here: http://www.macfixit.com.au/contact-us
We subcontract out these services but we exclude any liability for loss of data or for any faults or damage developing unrelated to the installation process. We strongly advise that all data be backed up before sending the computer to us for any installation. It may be necessary to reinstall the computer’s original software configuration and subsequent update releases while performing the service which will result in the deletion of all software and data that resided with the computer prior to the installation. You will be responsible for reinstalling any other software programs, data and passwords that were present before the installation service.
Within the Australian Consumer Law regulations, we will provide the services with due care and skill; that these services will be fit for a particular purpose and provided for within a reasonable time.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If a return is not received within 30 days of it being approved, it will be voided. A new RMA will need to be requested, all previously agreed upon conditions will be void. We regret to announce that if the new RMA is requested after the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee or the past the manufacturer's warranty Macfixit Australia won't be able to extend any of those.
This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, please do not use our website.
Terms & Conditions
The Macfixit Australia Web site were created by Macfixit Australia for the exclusive use of our customers, and are intended for research and buying purposes only. No Macfixit Australia print or online publication may be duplicated, redistributed or modified in whole or part without prior written authorization from Macfixit Australia. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, " Macfixit Australia " shall be taken to include Macfixit Australia, macfixit.com.au, macupgrades.com.au and Phone Cases Australia, phonecases.com.au. All MacFixit Australia policies, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. If the General Terms and Conditions provided on our Web site do not answer your specific questions, or if you need more detailed information, please contact your Account Executive at 03 9329 4343.
Macfixit Australia reserves the right to cancel any order without notice for any reason. Any monies paid will be refunded to the purchaser in the absence of any fraudulent activity.
Prices Information & Availability
Our website is not a binding quote. Because of the fast-moving nature of the industry, prices, product information and availability are subject to change without notice and at the time of order. We do our best to provide the most accurate, up-to-date information, but errors do occur and we reserve the right to make changes without notice. We also reserve the right to cancel your order and refund you any money owing. Macfixit Australia is also unable to issue price adjustments due to manufacturer price changes after date of original sale. If the price has to be adjusted before shipping we will give you the option of cancelling the order or if you if you agree to the price difference, we will ship the product right away.
Anticipated delivery dates are based upon vendor supplied information and are subject to change. Before making an order, we encourage you to check the pricing and availability with us here: http://www.macfixit.com.au/contact-us
Typographic, Photographic and Technical Errors
Although we do our best to achieve 100% accuracy, occasionally errors and inaccuracies do occur. Should you encounter an error or inaccuracy, please inform us so it can be corrected. Products and packaging depicted may differ from stock available at the time of shipment. We reserve the right to substitute equivalent items subject to arrangement with purchaser. If an error is made and a product is listed at an erroneous price, Macfixit Australia may, at its discretion, refuse or cancel any orders placed at the incorrect price. If an order has been confirmed and charged to your credit card at the incorrect price, Macfixit Australia shall have the right to immediately issue a credit in the amount of the incorrect price.
Except where to do so would otherwise cause any part of these Terms to be illegal, void or unenforceable, Macfixit Australia:
• excludes all conditions and warranties implied into these Terms;
• to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with use of this website; and
• excludes liability (whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute)) for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue and loss of, or damage to, data) suffered or incurred in connection with this website
·prices may vary from store location. Errors and omissions excepted.
Limitation of Liability
Without limiting the general disclaimer, Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd:
• makes no warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of any material or as to its merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this website or if that information is not up-to-date;
• will not be liable for disruptions to this website; and
• is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this website or an external site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from this website is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer systems.
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to any act or omission on the part of Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd, will Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd be liable for any indirect, consequential and/or incidental damage or loss of profits whatsoever which result from any use or any access of, or any inability to use or access, this website.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd for any breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is limited at Macfixit Australia's option to the following:
• in the case of goods supplied or offered by Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of such goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
• in the case of services supplied or offered by Macfixit Australia Pty Ltd, the supply of the services again or the cost of having the services supplied again.
Macfixit Australia PASSES THROUGH TO ITS CUSTOMERS ALL MANUFACTURERS' WARRANTEES AND GUARANTEES THAT ARE PROVIDED FOR THE PRODUCTS IT SELLS. Macfixit Australia MAKES NO ADDITIONAL OR INDEPENDENT WARRANTIES (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE).
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, Macfixit Australia DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Macfixit Australia SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR OPPORTUNITIES), OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF Macfixit Australia FOR ALL DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. LIKEWISE, Macfixit Australia WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF ITS WEB SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ALL MERCHANDISE IS SOLD "AS IS". PLEASE CHECK MANUFACTURER PACKAGING AND MATERIALS FOR COMPATIBILITY. Macfixit Australia MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY MERCHANDISE SOLD. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SYSTEM DOWNTIME, LOST DATA, ETC.
THIS DISCLAIMER BY Macfixit Australia IN NO WAY AFFECTS THE TERMS OF ANY APPLICABLE MANUFACTURERS WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES. Macfixit Australia WILL PROVIDE COPIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES UPON REQUEST BY CALLING 03 9329 4343 CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Title Risk of Loss
Title to items being purchased passes from Macfixit Australia to purchaser at the time of shipping. Customer takes on full liability for safety and validity of delivery address given to us at the time of purchase. Macfixit Australia will not incur any forwarding costs on shipments. Macfixit Australia shall not be responsible for damages or delays resulting from Acts of God, war, riot, seizure, terrorist activities, embargo, or other acts or events nothing within the reasonable control of Macfixit Australia.
Logos, Trademarks, Service Marks
Macfixit Australia, macfixit.com.au, macupgrades.com.au and Phone Cases Australia, phonecases.com.au and their respective logos are registered trademarks of Macfixit Australia Pty. Ltd. and all other distinctive site logos, marks and graphic elements on the macfixit.com.au, macupgrades.com.au or phonecases.com.au Web sites are trademarks of Macfixit Australia Pty. Ltd. and are subject to applicable trademark protections. All other company, product, and service logos, marks and names in Macfixit Australia Pty. Ltd. and online advertising are or may be trademarks or service marks of the companies and organizations mentioned. All trademarks and registered trademarks are used to benefit, without intent to infringe on, the holder of the mark.
Internet connectivity requires access services from an Internet Service provider. Contact your local Service Provider for Internet connectivity and access.
Third Party Service Contracts
Macfixit Australia is a reseller of various service contracts issued by and performed by third party service providers. We are not the providers of the services described in those contracts, and the third party service provider is the only party responsible for performing, or arranging for performance, of those services. You agree that the third party service provider is solely responsible for fulfilment of the service obligations, and you agree that you will look only to the third party service provider for any loss, claims or damages arising from or relating to the purchase and performance of those services. You also agree to release Macfixit Australia from any and all claims arising from or relating to the purchase and performance of the services to be provided by the third party service providers. Taxes will be charged to applicable states.
Macfixit Australia policies are subject to change without notice. We do our best to ship all orders as rapidly and accurately as possible. However, Macfixit Australia is not liable for late or delayed shipments or system failures. Title to items being purchased passes from Macfixit Australia to purchaser at the time of shipping. If you purchase items for export, you must obtain from the Federal government certain export documentation. All trademarks and registered trademarks are used to benefit and without intent to infringe on the mark holder. Macfixit Australia logos are registered trademarks of Macfixit Australia Pty. Ltd.