The drive is available in capacities up to 16TB of storage and adds tremendous capacity and throughput to any Mac or PC with a Thunderbolt port. The sustained data rates of up to 887MB/s read and 884MB/s write enhance a multitude of applications to give the customer the optimal experience. Applications that can be enhanced with the drive include A/V post-production, photography, music, graphics, data management, and Time Machine backups, among others.
Flexible for individual Needs
The drive supports independent access of up to four installed drives, is fully RAID ready and is ideal forRAID 0, 1, and 5 configurations.
“We’re excited about the speed, capacity and flexibility that the Thunderbay IV can offer,” said Larry O’Connor, Founder and CEO of Other World Computing. “It’s the perfect mix of high-capacity storage with blazing fast Thunderbolt technology performance.”
Combinations of RAID, individual drive(s) or multiple RAID sets are also possible with the ThunderBay IV.
Daisy Chain Capable
Being able to daisy chain is also another perk of the Thunderbay drive, as its dual ports allow daisy chaining of up to five outside devices and an high-resolution display. The drive holds up to 96TB of storage, and displays can be added using the drive’s solution with any computer via an available port.
Solid, Reliable and Cool
Heat is not an issue with the ThunderBay drive, as the superior heat dissipation of its durable alumnium enclosure provides optimum protection to the four internal drives. Along with this feature, the locking faceplate of the enclosure provides premium security to protect the installed drives.
Perfect for Pro Data Migration
One of the best things about the drive is that there’s no need to give up the versatility of drive bays when migrating from a Mac Pro tower to the Mac Pro 2013. You just simply plug in the drive to a Mac Pro and see four separate drives capable of running everything at full speed — just like it was installed internally. This gives users speedy Thunderbolt technology and the extreme speed that it brings — all of which brings the customers a serious upgrade.
• RAID-ready and has performance of up to 887MB/s read, 884MB/s write
• Plug & play readiness on any computer with a Thunderbolt interface
• OWC heavy duty power supply that allows exceptional performance and reliability
• Front panel security lock with two keys
• Independent support, which allows use of any mix of one to four drives for RAID or JBOD
• Two separate ports daisy-chaining
• Support for high-capacity hard drives that caters to maximum storage needs
• 1.0 meter-certified cable included
• A handy user guide
• Utility software bundle for your computer
• An OWC limited warranty that lasts up to 3 Years
The ThunderBay IV is available and can be ordered from Macfixit Australia following configurations:
• Add-Your-Own drive enclosure kit
• 4.0TB (1TB x four (4) 7200RPM)
• 8.0TB (2TB x four (4) 7200RPM)
• 12.0TB (3TB x four (4) 7200RPM)
• 16.0TB (4TB x four (4) 7200RPM)
• 480GB (120GB x four (4) Mercury EXTREME Pro SSD)
• 1.0TB (240GB x four (4) Mercury EXTREME Pro SSD)
• 2.0TB (480GB x four (4) Mercury EXTREME Pro SSD)
• 4.0TB (960GB x four (4) Mercury EXTREME Pro SSD)
For more on the drive, visit http://www.macfixit.com.au/brands/owc-thunderbay-iv.html